2022 Alkina Polygon No. 5 Grenache 750ml Bottle SOLD OUT - CONTACT TO BUY

2022 Alkina Polygon No. 5 Grenache 750ml Bottle SOLD OUT - CONTACT TO BUY

Regular price $325.00 Sale price $295.00
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

Only 4 items in stock!


Fractured schist & clay; 14% alc, 70% whole bunch, 806 bottles made
Vineyard: Polygon No. 5 consists of two very similar nearby parcels making up 0.37 hectares in size. Working with terroir specialist, Pedro Parra, we identified this polygon to be uniquely significant because of its heavily fractured schist composition. There are deeper soils sitting above a thick band of micaceous schist that contains veins of iron-rich clay within the fractures. NASAA certified organic and biodynamic.
Winemaking: 1893kg of fruit was handpicked on the 15th of March from Polygon No. 5. 30% of the fruit was destemmed and the remaining 70% whole bunches were hand bucketed into a concrete tulip. With a cool ferment and gentle extraction, it was pressed after nearly a month on skins before malolactic fermentation. The wine was matured in concrete egg for 12 months and bottled in August 2023.

“Here, the 2022 Ex Libris Polygon 5 Grenache is not only deeper in color than the previous two wines on the table, but it is also more aromatically concentrated. That same black cherry/pomegranate molasses/black tea melange exists at its core, however there is also black pudding, pastrami, cracked pink peppercorns, damp undergrowth/forest leaf matter, sandalwood and scratched orange peel. It's really good. The tannins are gritty but fine—they're the highlight for me. They almost insists that you chew a little. This is an excellent wine. Very long.” 97 points! - Erin Larkin, Robert Parker The Wine Advocate
(N.B.: at the time this was part of an ‘ex-libris’ labelled line-up that Amelia and Pedro tasted with Erin Larkin; this wine has since been released under the Polygon label)

Recently viewed